Monday, October 18, 2010

Variations on a Theme ~ Tres Leches Cupcakes

I'm still compiling recipes for the family cookbook and I came across Mom's recipe for her delicious Tres Leches Cake. (I'll post that later) This is one recipe I have never attempted but, of course, I was intrigued with the idea of making a mini version. After scouring the web for recipes and pics, I found a few favorites I'd like to share.

This one come from Gabriela's Kitchen and is served in the traditional style with a marachino cherry on top.I have also seen where the cherry was chopped up into bits and sprinkled over the top to give a bit of cherry flavor to each scrumptious bite. Isn't it adorable? I love tradition!

Photo courtesy of Gabriela's Kitchen
This is a bit of a variation with fresh raspberries instead of the traditional maraschino cherry on top. It really does look just heavenly, don't you think?
Photo courtesy of SophitiMom
This one is a work of art beautifully sprinkled with Cinnamon, drizzled with caramel and graced with a whole cinnamon stick. Almost too pretty to eat.
Photo courtesy of Ingid Cakes
Of course, our line up would not be complete without a Martha Stewart version of this classic Mexican dessert. It's a good thing.
Photo courtesy of Martha Stewart
And then there is my favorite. Two layered and filled with vanilla infused whipped cream and topped with crimson pomegranate seeds against fluffy cloud whipped cream frosting making a striking contrast.
Photo courtesy of Growling Belly (if you can believe that)
Aren't they all just gorgeous though. I can't wait to adapt Mom's recipe to a mini version.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to get my hands on this recipe. :o)I am sure it will be a hit....

    ReplyDelete