Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Two Bite Tuesday ~ Little Cuties

Resistance was futile when I saw these adorable Vanilla Bean Baby Donuts on Heather's blog Sprinkle Bakes. You may recall that a few weeks ago, I went on a mini cupcake, muffin, pancake making flurry with my babycakes mini cupcake maker. Adorable mini muffin pancakes were a fun and surprising brunch appetizer. So cute, so when I saw these sweet little babies, I was smitten. I was...yes, smitten. And I can't believe I just wrote that out loud. Look at them though, they're irresistible.
Photo courtesy of Sprinkle Bakes
First Bite ~ So here it is, the pan that births these precious little babies. I walked into Sur la table and I felt like I was adopting a newborn. Well, not exactly, but it was fun. The salespeople served me fresh cappuccino from their $2999.00 cappuccino machine and, like new moms with their different babies, we all chatted about our experiences with mini foods. It was surreal. I know that sounds absurd, but that really is what happened :-).

Image via Janet Ellis
Aren't they cute? My second bite was actually inspired by the mini star shaped cherry pies I made for our 4th of July party this summer. I made them using William Sonoma's mini star pie mold and they were a huge hit. They were not only a really adorable addition to our dessert spread, they were really good!

Photo via Janet Ellis
Cute huh? :-) The flaky crust was chock full of cherries and sprinkled with sugar, As you can see, we served it with a tiny scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and a sprinkling of summer's fresh berries. It was such a huge hit that I thought it would be fun to do mini apple pies during the fall.

Second Bite ~ And William Sonoma happens to have an apple shaped mini pie mold as well. I actually purchased this one several weeks ago and am just now getting around to sharing it with you all. I haven't had an occasion to make the little pies yet, and I'm trying to think of how to  garnish them. A la mode is obviously an option, but, hmmmm, what else?
William Sonoma Mini Apple Pie Mold
Maybe I'll surprise everyone and serve it which a wedge of cheddar cheese. Cheese??? you say. Actually it is very good. Brandi's grandmother used to serve it that way and it really is delicious. You can Google apple pie and cheese and see what pops up.

No comments:

Post a Comment