Sunday, October 10, 2010

Okay bloggers, have you ever burnt the grilled cheese?

I've got the day to myself (well, the puppers are here) as Rick is off at a rifle shooting class so I have been working on a few projects. I tend to forget to eat when he's not around but this afternoon I started feeling a little hungry. Pondering what I could make without having to leave the house for ingredients, I remembered Oprah's show earlier in the week. She and Martha inspired another nostalgic episode in me when they prepared their grilled cheese bar on her show. Perusing the refrigerator I found that I have ham, turkey, Swiss, parmesan, and mozzarella. (not the gourmet assortment I usually have). However, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a deliciously grilled hot Ham and Swiss, know what I mean? I also scoured the pantry and found a can of Wolfgang Puck's Organic Tomato Basil Soup. The only thing that would make this any better is a nice fresh crisp green salad.

Perfect Sunday Afternoon Autumn Lunchette
Now, you know you've gone too far with this blogging thing when you leave the grilled cheese cooking on the stove so that you can go and iron...yes I said iron...a napkin for the perfect photograph. I'm sure that has never happened to Martha. I got back to the stove and noticed that perfectly-grilled-on-one-side-grilled-ham-and-swiss sitting there sizzling in the skillet and near panic set in. I took my spatula lifted it up and turned it over to reveal a darker than desired flip side. Not too bad though, considering I had to wait for the iron to heat up. The worst part about the whole thing...I had no fresh basil to garnish the beauty with! Crazy, I know, and yet I'm wondering why the pic looks so washed out. :-/ It was delicious though. I would have made it a mini...but didn't want to cut off the crust. I really like it :-)

1 comment: