Monday, September 20, 2010

Unpredictable Mondays ~ And a side of mini meatballs

Are there days in your week that are just unpredictable? For me, they are Mondays, and sometimes I let it drive me crazy. I'm working on it though :-). If you've followed me at In Her Peace on Facebook or on Janet's Journal, you'll read that routine and order are like my life blood. I need them to survive. So when stuff gets unpredictable, I get a little crazy. As a life coach, I have to work through those things that drive me crazy, so I'm doing that. The thing about Mondays is that I never know when hubs is coming home, and I never know if I'll be running late with clients so it's hard to plan dinner. Know what I mean? In attempt to work it out, I thought we might make Monday nights, dinner out nights and I wouldn't worry about it.

However, I found that I have a few requirements surrounding Monday nights. The first is that I don't like going out on Monday nights. I just want to be home, relaxing, with a quiet dinner. Secondly, I want it to be beautiful, like you would get in a high end restaurant. I love beautifully presented food....and it's really not that hard to do. And third, I only want to spend about 20 minutes preparing it. Ree, the ultra amazing Pioneer Woman posted this wow pic and recipe for Mini Meatball Sandwiches that take 16 minutes to prepare. Aren't they just beautiful?

Amazing image courtesy of Pioneer Woman
 I actually used meatballs that I had frozen earlier, and made garlic toasts from baguettes. Rounding off this quick little meal was a fresh green salad and a bottle of Acacia Pinot Noir. I love it when Monday night madness ends up feeling like I'm on vacation without a care in the world. (Wish I could find my camera battery charger :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment