Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday Minis - Pequeño Jalepeño Corn Bread Muffins

Okay, so I couldn't resist trying a little Spanish there. For those of you who know French instead of Spanish, Pequeño means small :-). That's my back to school lesson from the Desert Southwest....and here are my adorable little muffins that I will serve with my favorite Anazasi Bean Soup. Pinto beans were my mom's soup bean of choice when I was growing up, but I discovered these little jewels on our vacation last year in Colorado. They don't take as long to cook and have a slightly sweeter flavor. They are delicious, nutritious, and perfect for a busy Monday.

Pequeño Jalepeño Corn Bread Muffins
Beautiful Anazasi Beans from Colorado


In less that 5 minutes these sweet little morsels were ready to enjoy. I made using my new handy dandy babycakes mini cupcake maker that I found through The Daily Grommet last week. I can smell the beans simmering away in the crock pot. A nice chopped green salad chock full of fresh crunchy vegetables will compliment this super easy meal just perfectly.

4 comments:

  1. I am SO ready for soup and cornbread season! I'm a Texas gal so I can definitely handle the heat from the jalapenos.

    jenn from muchtomydelight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sweet comment on my site...much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am ready for soup and how cute are those little corn muffins. So glad I found your site from Tweedle Dee I am now one of your followers too!

    ReplyDelete