Thursday, September 16, 2010

Nostalgia made me do it! ~ Mini Banana Pudding

Ugh! I can not find the battery charger for my camera :-(.  Remember when we used to use film and AA batteries?

Anyway, I wanted to share a yummy, yummy old-fashioned dessert. It's so cute and I'm going to eat it up before I can get my hands on another battery charger. But, geez, I can't leave you just hanging out there , so here's a pic of a similar one created by the hip hostess. Mine is a little different in that mine is a mini version and I used whipped cream instead of making a meringue.

Image courtesy of Hip Hostess

Oh, you want to know why I decided to make Banana Pudding? Well, I was feeling a little nostalgic today. Mom used to make a layered banana pudding for dessert on rare occasions, and it was one of my favorites. I remember my sister, brother and myself sitting around the table grinning from ear to ear as we enjoyed our creamy delicious treats. Don't you just want to taste it now? What was your favorite dessert growing up?

And on a side note: I wanted to try out my new handy dandy Williams Sonoma Banana Slicer!

Image courtesy of William Sonoma (cause I lost my camera battery charger)
 Works great! A couple of pointers though: Use firm bananas and squeeze hard and fast or you might end up with mashed bananas instead of perfect slices! Hmmmm, I don't know how to say that any better :-/ Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh! I almost forgot how good Banana Pudding is. My Grandma used to make it when we visited her during the summer. Thanks for the reminder and the inspiration. I'm going to make it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious and I love the idea of making it a mini.

    ReplyDelete