Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sweet Inspiration

Inspiration really is all around us, isn't it? Even in what most women consider the mundane task of dusting furniture. This adorable snapshot of Brandi was taken over 24 years ago in our backyard as she hosted a tea party for her stuffed teddy bear. Her Aunt Jan had given her a delightful china tea set and she loved it. I've dusted this antique lawyer's bookcase along with all its treasures every week for the past 10 years, and today, this picture seemed to take me back in time. I remembered the little tea sandwiches Brandi and I used to make together. We used our different shaped cookie cutters and would decide on whether we wanted "sweet or savory" today. That usually meant peanut butter or cream cheese and jelly, or turkey and cheese :-).

Brandi hosting a tea party for Mr. Bear

 

Not much has changed in two decades and little girls still love tea parties. I just came across this adorable little birthday tea party that Marsha DeConstanzo hosted for her little girl Frannie, back in March. As sweet as it is, I'm sure it was featured all over the web, but I couldn't help but post it again. Brandi and I used to make these sweet little sandwiches all the time. You don't have to wait for a party to make them cause they are the perfect after school snack when the kiddies come home famished after a long day. I love the marbled rye, sweet raisin bread and flower cutouts. Nostalgically sweet, yes?

 Image courtesy of Cute Stuff Inside
Is it any wonder she'd be designing tutus and beautiful printables for little girls parties?

1 comment:

  1. I love this post, I don't know why, but it made me cry. It's funny all of the little things that I've forgotten over the years, I must have passed this photo hundreds of times.

    ReplyDelete